Friday

July 29, 2009


Dear BA:


Thank you, I knew I could count on you. For the first time in weeks, I am eating more than one meal per day. The advantage of this is that I finally have enough strength to make it from one end of my apartment to the other, and even posted large sheets of butcher paper on my bedroom wall and scribbled over them in a frenzy of physical inspiration last night. By physical inspiration, I mean lust and inebriation. The disadvantage of eating regular meals is that I have stopped hallucinating about the abstraction of language. So many brilliant poems came out of the letter F who followed me loyally everywhere for three days, intermittently shouting out words like, “Free!” and “Forage!”


I miss F.


But what I miss the most is you, BA. Forgive me if this is too much sentimentality, but I am merely a lonely man sitting in a cocoon of quilted blankets for hours on end, sweating and coming to revelations about the most important things in my life. Yesterday, I came up with a list of the living creatures I care for the most.


1. Jacques

2. Myself

3. Milan Kundera

4. You, BA


I will end this letter with a parable: Once, there was the letter A. And the letter A was first, but alone. But what came next? Only the most important thing in the letter A’s life.


-AB

No comments:

Post a Comment